- 1951 Mr. Jong-Fa Ou founds Taipei Freight Transportation Company which specializes in inland haulage of heavy odd-shaped cargo.
- 1967 Business is expanded and the name is changed to Tungya Transportation & Terminal Ltd.
Tungya hauls the very first container ever to arrive in Taiwan.
- 1969 Tungya builds Taiwan's first container terminal in WuTu serving the port of Keelung.
- 1972 The company's name is changed to Tungya Transportation & Terminal Company Ltd., and we build our second container terminal in Kaohsiung.
The container leasing department is established to provide customers with container leashing and refurbishing services.
- 1977 Tungya pioneers interport-transportation operations between the ports of Keelung and Kaohsiung.
Avanced fleet dispatching concepts and equipment maintainence techniques from the USA are
employed to boost fleet efficiency and longevity.
- 1978 Modern management systems are introduced and an Electronic Data Processing Center ( the first in the industry ) is established to computerize operations.
- 1980 The ocean forwarding department opens in Taipei , and a container leasing and repair center is
established in Kaoshiung.
- 1983 Tungya builds the Yang-Mei container terminal thus completing the island's northern , middle and
southern service networks.
- 1987 Tungya sanctions and assists local labor unions to further promote harmony and co-operation between employees and employer.
- 1990 The Taichung container depot is established to increase handling volume and service efficiency.
- 1992 The Overseas Investment department is created to utilize the companies resources and business
know-how to foster versatile , international operations and projcts.
- 1993 Asia Pacific Freight Service is established in Hong-Kong.
- 1997 The Logistic Division is formed to fully satisfy customer needs.
- 2002 SGS certifies Tungya's WuTu terminal and issues an ISO9001 , 2000 version certificate.